Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - RTIC Store

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
Interesting.... I thought their business model was direct to consumer. 

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    the tumblers online now with wallmart
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I know they have a retail storefront in Houston as part of their offices and warehouses.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    not sure what the ga store is, but their original business model included a second wharehouse in the ga area if im remembering right
    fukahwee maine

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RTIC was initially VERY loud about about how great their products were and because of their great quality they offered the best warranty of any company.
    Now, after all is said and done, they equally offer just about the worst warranty. The same as any other Yeti style cooler that they initially bashed for only having a 1 year warranty.  
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    RTIC was initially VERY loud about about how great their products were and because of their great quality they offered the best warranty of any company.
    Now, after all is said and done, they equally offer just about the worst warranty. The same as any other Yeti style cooler that they initially bashed for only having a 1 year warranty.  
    ill settle for the ho hum 1 year warranty, equal quality, and wicked fast deliveries. they seem to always beat their delivery schedule nowadays
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I'm guessing that a very long warranty isn't very compatible with a very low (comparatively) price.

I've yet to break a cheap Coleman cooler so I'm not too concerned about my Rtic falling apart.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I've yet to break a cheap Coleman cooler so I'm not too concerned about my Rtic falling apart.

My cooler issues are specifically with these two igloos-
    Larger one- I have replaced that latch 10 times before I found a metal one, now screws are about done.
    Rolling One- that handle quit telescoping after one trip to beach.

Replaced both with Yeti, RTIC and an Ozark Trail soft sided and those two made the garage sale pile. 

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    HeavyG said:

Larger one- I have replaced that latch 10 times before I found a metal one, now screws are about done.

Replaced both with Yeti, RTIC and an Ozark Trail soft sided and those two made the garage sale pile. 

Well, none of my Coleman coolers were as fancy pants as those. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited May 2018
    Options

I wish they'd get their online store in order before jumping into another venture.  If you look at their accessory page, the majority of the basic parts are "sold out".  How about stocking a drain plug?!

This company seems to always bite off a little more than they can chew.  I'm a fan of the company, but it's a little annoying.  
    Phoenix 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    ^Slow boat from China can't keep up with sales. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• distanceman
    distanceman Posts: 138
    Options
    I know I'm anti-American for this statement, but I'm about to buy a Yeti (I think). I haven't been impressed with RTIC--I bought their gallon jug and promptly returned it because it felt so cheap. I am able to get the Yeti 20 for $160 which is only slightly more than an RTIC. I know, I know...I hate America and I hate guns :)
    Located Middle GA

Current: XL w/ Woo & 17" Half Moon Plates, SMOBOT

RIP: Weber 22" Kettle, Slow 'n Sear, Akorn Jr., Pit Barrel Cooker
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    I know I'm anti-American for this statement, but I'm about to buy a Yeti (I think). I haven't been impressed with RTIC--I bought their gallon jug and promptly returned it because it felt so cheap. I am able to get the Yeti 20 for $160 which is only slightly more than an RTIC. I know, I know...I hate America and I hate guns :)
    If you're looking for a quality cooler try 
    http://maluna.com
    They are currently offering $95 off any white coolers.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    Had to laugh at their digital drain plug temp gauge. Right at the bottom of the cooler where it will only read the temp of the ice water at the bottom.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Darn.  Was hoping this post was a reminder about another RTIC cooler sale...  because I drug my feet on the last one.  :(

LBGE/Maryland
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Eggscuses said:
    Had to laugh at their digital drain plug temp gauge. Right at the bottom of the cooler where it will only read the temp of the ice water at the bottom.
    it doesnt even link up to the iphone =) how does one monitor their temp gage without wifi /bluetooth, graphs on display that can then be downloaded to forums so everyone can see how it performs or not =)
    fukahwee maine

• Eggscuses
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    Yes but if you let other people, that aren't as savvy as you, push the button they go ooh  and aah.
    That being said, it is a nice cooler.
  • Eggscuses
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Eggscuses said:
    it doesnt even link up to the iphone =) how does one monitor their temp gage without wifi /bluetooth, graphs on display that can then be downloaded to forums so everyone can see how it performs or not =)
    You'll just have to sit next to it and push the button every now and then. Take pictures while doing that, then you can download to what ever forum you want to.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    HeavyG said:

Looking out my window at the one on the right purchased by my wife and imagining an RTIC in its place.
    Mountain View, CA