Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Prime sirloin roast

Options
just picked up a great looking 7 lb prime grade sirloin roast from Costco. It looked so good for the price I had to grab it. I’ve never cooked sirloin as a roast, usually steaks and was wondering what are some good techniques, recipes would be appropriate for this cut. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I’d treat it like a tri-tip use a rub that’s heavy in salt pepper garlic and reverse sear - maybe one wood chunk would be nice 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I buy these all of the time.  I hope the cat is not out of the bag because these are fantastic.  I cook it sous vide and then give it a sear.  It ends up like prime rib.  I would agree with hans61 and cook it like a steak roast.  Cook it to medium rare IT.  Without doing it sous vide, you will likely need to cook it indirect for some time to get it to the temp you want in the middle before putting some sear marks on it when you have it the temp that you want.