Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Koolickles

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
edited April 2018 in Off Topic
Anybody made any recently?  Gas stations in Illinois have them behind the counter next to Swisher Sweats.  I haven't found any in Arizona.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seriouseats.com/amp/2013/04/how-to-make-koolickles-kool-aid-pickles-memphis-tennessee.html
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @rrp made these recently if I remember correctly  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    It's been a few years since I last made them. I'm not a fan of too sweet foods so I cut the sugar in half. Even at that it took me nearly a year to eat them.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I've made them using Alton Browns recipe. I don't care for them.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks pretty gross.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @northGAcock @The_Stache and @Possumtrot and I were at Peg Leg Porker in Nashville a few months ago. 

I remember Robins face when he asked what they were. Like “why would you do that to a perfectly good pickle!?!”

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I hate pickles. So so much. HATE 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    I hate pickles. So so much. HATE 
    Pickles are the best. You are wrong.  So so wrong.

But sugar and kool-aide?  Nope.