Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Concrete table for eggs, new to forum

After reading through the forum I decided to build a table for my eggs.  It is wood with a concrete counter top.  I still plan on adding a fold up shelf on each side.  A woman at work made a custom cover for me out of Sunbrella material.  I have attached some pictures.

Comments

• HotchHotch Posts: 3,325
    Nicely done. May want to seal that concrete and add a bottle opener!
    And welcome to the herd!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,127
    Very cool!!!
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,296
    Better get an air gap under the eggs, those bricks will get hot enough to burn the wood

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Akorn Jr

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,667
    Better get an air gap under the eggs, those bricks will get hot enough to burn the wood
    Looks great, that custom cover is awesome but yes you need an air space under the eggs!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 331
    please get an air gap, nice work though.

2 Large Eggs - Huntsville, AL

Boiler Up!!

• TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 519
    Welcome to the club!+1 on the air space. Really digging the table, and it's always nice to have connections, especially when they help fuel the bge addiction!
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 1,505
    Strong first post, looks good!

John - SLC, UT

2 XLs, Medium, MM, and Mini

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,889
    edited April 26
    Welcome.  Can't tell for sure if your center hanging grill utensil is a wire brush or not, but if so get rid of it pronto - danger lurks therein.

Also - fess up - what's the propane for?   =)