Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blackstone Griddle, Size and Finish

So my birthday is coming up and I am looking to get a Blackstone. I'm sure that its been covered but I'm lazy and didn't want to search. My questions are:  Is the Stainless Steel Finish Worth the extra money? Which Size is best 28" or 36" given that its 2 vs 4 burners? And Lastly, I've seen a lot of people getting Stainless Lids for them. What do those run cost wise? Mine will be on a back porch next to the egg so I don't necessarily have to have a cover. Thanks in advance!

Dallas Area, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

Comments

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,905
    Well, I'm lazy and don't want to give you a meaningful reply.  =)

36". Black. No input on cover
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,443
    36"
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,030
    Amazon has lids, about $160 for stainless, Blackstone has a black one with handles on top for $99.99. Message me for info on mine.
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,209
    36 is the choice...  since you are on a covered porch the Blackstone brand vinyl cover will do excellent... Stainless not needed in my opinion unless you just have too much money..   this is my setup and mine is 18 months old and looks brand new... I use mine at least 3 times per week....  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • billt01billt01 Posts: 761
    edited April 18
    @TEXASBGE2018

what zipcode are you in?
     "Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
                                                                                                     -Jane
                                                                                                     "Man and Superman"
    Have:
    LBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3), Blackstone 36

Had:
    Lang 60D, Cookshack SM150, Stumps Stretch, Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01billt01 Posts: 761
     "Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
                                                                                                     -Jane
                                                                                                     "Man and Superman"
    Have:
    LBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3), Blackstone 36

Had:
    Lang 60D, Cookshack SM150, Stumps Stretch, Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 931
    billt01 said:

I'm in the Dallas Area, Did you just look up 36" Blackstone? I cant find a 36" for $150.

Dallas Area, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,050
    billt01 said:

I'm in the Dallas Area, Did you just look up 36" Blackstone? I cant find a 36" for $150.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=39891191

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • kdinkkdink Posts: 226
    Just saw this at lowe's, had side tables that folded to make a cover.  Looked interesting. 
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Rhino-Razor-Black-Powder-Coated-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Griddle-Grill/1000364859

2 Xl's and a MM in Bergen County, NJ
    It looks like I can get the Stainless 36” for $259 from walmart. Worth it??

• blastingblasting Posts: 5,654
    It looks like I can get the Stainless 36” for $259 from walmart. Worth it??

What can you get the black for?  Stainless is a bit of a PIA.  Rather have black personally.

Phoenix 
    The black is $249. What makes the same a pita? Just keeping it shiny and clean?

Sorry crappy iPhone correct. What makes the stainless a pia?

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,308
    My guess would be keeping it clean looking.  I never clean my black one and it looks pretty good.  Our stainless fridge and stove need daily wipe downs. 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Just drive up to Kansas and I will sell you a 36” model for $100 cash!  

Land of OZ-Central Kansas

BGE XL with Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"+++Weber Smoky Joe++

• blastingblasting Posts: 5,654
    kl8ton said:
    My guess would be keeping it clean looking.  I never clean my black one and it looks pretty good.  Our stainless fridge and stove need daily wipe downs. 

Yep, that's exactly what I meant.  Stainless looks like it always needs cleaning.  I'm lazy.
    Phoenix 
    Can anybody comment on the new vs old design?Looks like the only difference is the new one has the drip pan at the back. Does that make any difference?

• I just picked up a 36” black kit in BJs that included the cover and tool kit for 229. It’s the older design with the grease cup on the side.  That price was in club only with a clip less coupon that expires on May 9th.  
    Southwestern CT