Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kimchizza

Options
2»

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    now that's my kind of meal.  awesome that your kids will eat it!!!

i fermented kimchi in the closet once.  wife thought there were some really messed up shoes on the shoe rack until she saw me open the container and stir it around.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Looks awesome! 

@The_Stache gave me some kimchi last fall and I did a pizza with kimchi and asian pork belly.

It's in my favorite top 3 now. I would have never thought of it. The kids liked it too.
    Thanks bud.
    Asian pork belly?  ANOTHER NOTCH!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    blind99 said:

i fermented kimchi in the closet once.  wife thought there were some really messed up shoes on the shoe rack until she saw me open the container and stir it around.  
    Thanks.  Was shocked when he gave the go-ahead, and then asked for more.

Much respect and I commend you @blind99, Idk if I'm brave enough to diy kimchi.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    In honor of the Double Seal, broke out some extra special smooth biting Lazersnake Indiana Pale Ale for the second rip.

BAM! BAM!

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Focker said:
    blind99 said:

no question you could do it.  the real issue is that it's probably not cost effective to make ourselves given the amount we eat!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Focker
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Focker said:
    blind99 said:

no question you could do it.  the real issue is that it's probably not cost effective to make ourselves given the amount we eat!
    LOL, valid point. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I had to look up kimchi. Still not real clear on what it is.

Not a big cabbage fan, but from the recipe I saw, fish sauce, soy sauce and yet more salt kill it for me anyway. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    blind99 said:

I bet!!! 
    I believe the traditional way is to bury it in the ground - at least the Korean lady we used to get it from did it that way. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Options

Not a big cabbage fan, but from the recipe I saw, fish sauce, soy sauce and yet more salt kill it for me anyway. =)
    No bueno, no worries.  ☺
    It's culinary crack.  And all it takes is one hit. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Well Brother another outstanding cook! I have no idea what kimchi is and would love to try it for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

There's a gazillion types of kimchi. Not all have cabbage, or fish sauce, or soy sauce. There's probably one that's just right for you.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Options
    Well Brother another outstanding cook! I have no idea what kimchi is and would love to try it for sure. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you Jim.  A GA MTN visit is long overdue.....maybe next year.  Tell Kay I said hi. ☺
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    Not sure if this helps @Carolina Q .

Brandon
    Quad Cities