Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few suggestions for the IT crew

Options
GrillSgt
GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
edited April 2018 in Off Topic
Next time you are doing an update for the site there are a few things that would bring it into the new century. (am I in trouble?)

The search results should be in chrono order from latest to oldest. It appears to be completely random.

Rule 1 of a website is don't allow your customer to be navigated away from the site. This means that when we click on a link that link should be it's own page or window. When it's closed we should be back at the post with the link.

There definitely should be a clickable to return to the top of the page at the bottom of each page.

It is very old fashioned to be able to have a quote of a quote of a quote..... The quote option should only display the last post, not all of the quotes.

This I'm not sure about but I have used sites where the pics are displayed in almost a jpeg fashion and the full pic is available by clicking it. I think this may save a lot of download time.

Just some thoughts, it's certainly doesn't keep people from using the site but might make it cleaner.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    edited April 2018
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Next time you are doing an update for the site there are a few things that would bring it into the new century. (am I in trouble?)

The search results should be in chrono order from latest to oldest. It appears to be completely random.

Rule 1 of a website is don't allow your customer to be navigated away from the site. This means that when we click on a link that link should be it's own page or window. When it's closed we should be back at the post with the link.

There definitely should be a clickable to return to the top of the page at the bottom of each page.

It is very old fashioned to be able to have a quote of a quote of a quote..... The quote option should only display the last post, not all of the quotes.

This I'm not sure about but I have used sites where the pics are displayed in almost a jpeg fashion and the full pic is available by clicking it. I think this may save a lot of download time.

Just some thoughts, it's certainly doesn't keep people from using the site but might make it cleaner.

its taken 10 years to get an automatic page refresh when hitting the back button=)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it