Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone griddle wishlist

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Anything else to add?
Blackstone Signature Griddle Accessories - 12 Inch Round Basting Cover - Stainless Steel - Cheese Melting Dome and Steaming Cover - Best for Use in Flat Top Griddle Grill Cooking Indoor or OutdoorBlackstone Signature Griddle Accessories - 12 Inch Round Basting Cover - Stainless Steel - Cheese Melting Dome and Steaming Cover - Best for Use in Flat Top Griddle Grill Cooking Indoor or Outdoor
Grease Slide Griddle Mod for Blackstone Griddle Fits 36 inch Blackstone GriddleGrease Slide Griddle Mod for Blackstone Griddle (Fits 36 inch Blackstone Griddle)
iCOVER 36 inch Griddle Cover 600D water proof Canvas heavy duty Flat Top Griddle Cover for Blackstone 36 in Outdoor Cooking Gas Grill Griddle Station G21621 Incl Support Pole to Help the Water Run OffiCOVER 36 inch Griddle Cover 600D water proof Canvas heavy duty Flat Top Griddle Cover for Blackstone 36 in Outdoor Cooking Gas Grill Griddle Station G21621 Incl Support Pole to Help the Water Run Off
Blackstone Signature Accessories - 36 Inch Griddle Surround Table Accessory - Powder Coated Steel Grill not includedBlackstone Signature Accessories - 36 Inch Griddle Surround Table Accessory - Powder Coated Steel (Grill not included)
Blackstone 36 inch Stainless Steel Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 4-burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality with Cover and Griddle Tool KitBlackstone 36 inch Stainless Steel Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 4-burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality with Cover and Griddle Tool Kit
Flame King YSN230 Steel Propane Cylinder with Overflow Protection Device Valve and Built-in Gauge 20-PoundFlame King YSN230 Steel Propane Cylinder with Overflow Protection Device Valve and Built-in Gauge, 20-Pound

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/36-griddle-hard-cover/

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    edited April 2018
    Options
    If you are getting one of the latest model 36"ers you won't need the grease slide mod as the new models drain out the back of the griddle just like the 22"ers.

Might add one of these to your list:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VVO91E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2018
    Options

This is a rough facsimile of the smash tool used by the Smashburger organization.

No, it isn't "necessary", but then
    neither is a Blackstone.  Nor is an Egg.
    (This is designed for a 5.3 oz burger.  If you prefer a smaller patty, as does my wife, you'll have to revert to the Old School spatula method.)

https://www.cast-iron-grate.com/smasher.html

And, no.  The welding isn't pretty.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options

This is a rough facsimile of the smash tool used by the Smashburger organization.

No, it isn't "necessary", but then
    neither is a Blackstone.  Nor is an Egg.
    (This is designed for a 5.3 oz burger.  If you prefer a smaller patty, as does my wife, you'll have to revert to the Old School spatula method.)

https://www.cast-iron-grate.com/smasher.html

And, no.  The welding isn't pretty.

I've got one of those and it is a beast. My wife doesn't really like the thin crusty edges of a really really smashed burger so I use that to get a nice uniform thickness for hers.

For mine, I'll use that very stiff spatula I linked to above to follow up and smash them a little bit more.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Two of these.
    1. Oil
    2. Water

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    And this will be handy.
    Mounted to the front. ;)

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    I like this one better!!

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    If you are getting one of the latest model 36"ers you won't need the grease slide mod as the new models drain out the back of the griddle just like the 22"ers.

This is correct. I bought a 36" about a month ago, with everything you listed, and I love it.

Be aware that you'll need to modify the rear of the surround table for the grease trap to drain appropriately. I was a little more than disappointed that after spending nearly $350 with a company, I had to break out sheet metal tools. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    If you have old style the grease slide mod works flawlessly... that was the only thing that bothered the crap out of me...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Don’t forget the griddle spatulas.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    2 plastic squirt bottles, one water, one oil.

Scraper, spatulas. This set is a bargain.
    https://www.amazon.com/Zenware-Stainless-Utensil-Spatula-Teppanyaki/dp/B01EGD64BK

Melting domes.

4" silicone egg rings.

Tweezers for bacon.

Round CI bacon press for smashing, and skillet use indoors to prevent splatter.

Some sort of paper towel holder.  You will burn through a lot.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I have the Dexter version of this heavy spatula, and it has replaced the other spatulas I used previously. 

Great for smashing burgers, scraping, pancakes, shoveling food, you name it. Can’t even remember where the other griddle tools are since I got this. 

And grapeseed oil. Make sure one of those squirt bottles has grapeseed oil in it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone, already have squirt bottles and some of the other essentials for my 17".
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    Options
    I know it’s a wishlist, but don’t see the point of the BS flat cover with handles AND the soft cover. One or the other should suffice. 

• DMW
    Options
    caliking said:
    I know it’s a wishlist, but don’t see the point of the BS flat cover with handles AND the soft cover. One or the other should suffice. 
    The hard cover I'm not sure about as well, especially with that soft cover that has the stand to keep rain from pooling. I figure the soft cover would help protect the parts not covered by the hard top griddle cover.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• caliking
    Options
    I have  the BS soft cover and it is pretty sturdy. 

An overturned disposable large aluminum pan on the griddle will prop up the cover and prevent pooling. Way cheaper than that flat cover. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I didn’t like the round melting domes. I bought a larger square baking pan and bought a cabinet door handle from Home Depot and drilled a hole and put the handle on it. Can easily melt cheese on 4 large burgers and it was like $5.
  • caliking
    Options
    Waitaminit... Didn't you just get a XXL??? WTF are you getting more presents????

Please adopt me.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Weber kettle lid - the littlest one - works great as a melting dome.  I bought the nice stainless melting domes and never use them.  

I second the Dexter spats.  Get a few different sizes of the high heat ones and you'll never look back.
    Phoenix 
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    If you're going to take your BS from place to place, get the travel bag.  It's so much easier to carry the top plus protects the surface.  
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles