Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg 'O Lamb

Options
I've been looking forward to this cook for 2 weeks. I decided to cook in a South American direction. A 7.5 pound leg, lightly cross hatch scored and marinaded in McCormick's Brazilian Steakhouse marinade overnight.

On the Assassin at 250 with a mix of apple and mesquite chunks for smoke. Cooked to an IT of 125 on the smoker and seared for 4 minutes a side on a 500 degree BGE. It came off the sear at about 135 all around and it's resting in my Cambro until my lovely bride comes home. 

I'm serving this with chimichurri, green beans, and roasted baby potatoes. More to follow when I slice and serve......hard to wait.

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    That is a thing of beauty right there.  Great eats ahead.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Thanks, Lou! 

It's trying my patience now to keep from slicing it. I've been out in the smoke all afternoon and I'm hungry.  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a chef's sample right now.  Gauge the situation but the upsides of a taste test should out-weigh the downside.  Besides you can mask the sliced end with foil-slice her's from the other end and you are home-free.  And if all the above goes south, you can blame me  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    I like the way you think, Lou.  =) 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I’m thinking there’s got to be a little piece somewhere that looks loose enough to “fall” off.  Looks great!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Soon...... =)
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Sliced:

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Freaking fantastic.  I know that was great.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Thanks, Brent!  :)

It was my first attempt at lamb. I'll be repeating this cook in the future. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Way to bring it home.  Nailed that crust and finish.  Congrats across the board.   
  • SmokingPiney
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It tasted great!