Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Souvlaki

Options
Simple yet delicious meal tonight. Chicken with souvlaki marinade and skewered. Served with some pitas and topped with homemade Tzatziki sauce and chopped romaine/tomato/onion.

Thanks for looking

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful. Interesting I had chicken Souvlaki last night for dinner at a local restaurant. It was very good...but you sir...are setting the bar. How about the details on the marinade? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    LOVE that stuff, and yours looks GREAT!!!
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Beautiful. Interesting I had chicken Souvlaki last night for dinner at a local restaurant. It was very good...but you sir...are setting the bar. How about the details on the marinade? 
    Thank you! 

Souvlaki marinade was 
    1tbsp Greek yogurt 
    1/4 cup OLIVE oil
    1tsp Oregano 
    lemon zest 
    salt and pepper to taste 

marinade in a zip lock bag for a few hours. Easy Peasy
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,897
    Options

Wow, love Souvlaki whatever the protein and the feta is always welcome. Great job.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    That looks awesome.. a favorite of ours ... will try this one
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options
    Looks perfect!  Served with hummus and a Coke Zero for the win!  Will have to try this one.
    XL  Central Ohio
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Looks great.

For what it's worth, souvlaki is not really properly a seasoning or dressing, it means more like "shish-ka-bob" or similar in Greek.
    Mountain View, CA