Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The EggFest must go on!!!!!

Options
We have received several calls, e-mails and messages about the forecast this Saturday.  It calls for rain.  I have spoken to many of you and the support is overwhelming to continue with the event.  I appreciate all of the support and comments.

So Cal Eggfest will happen RAIN or SHINE>

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I'll be there!!!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I would go for the shine if there is a choice.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Nope...showed up in October since the website never said it was rescheduled and now I avoid this place after the rumor mill Kelly started.    
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Uh oh.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • So Cal EGGhead
    Options
    SSqual612,  I must apologize.  I am sorry you showed up to the event that was rescheduled to tomorrow.  Unfortunately you were not the only one.

We advertised on the website several weeks prior, sent out an e-mail blast to our e-mail lists and put it out there on social media.  I am truly sorry you did not get the notification.  Did you buy tickets to the event for October?  If so they are still good for tomorrow.

And please inform me on the rumor mill Kelly started.  That one I do not understand.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    We had the date marked and we brought another couple.  The day of the event it was still showing on the website.   Here's a screenshot  where I confirmed the date before we headed to your store.  

The rumor mill started when your wife made ASSumptions that were way off base.  She can fill you in on the details...shouldn't be too difficult for her to recall.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen