Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ sauce recall PSA

Options
kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,429
http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/fda-issues-2-year-recall-on-bbq-sauce-sold-in-the-carolinas

Piggie Park Enterprises Inc., is recalling Maurice’s Southern Gold Honey Sauce that was manufactured between March 11, 2016, and March 11, 2018.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @northGAcock gave me some of that in a 4 pack of Maurice’s.  Actually served that to family and friends Monday.  So far so good.  And I did meet Robin on the internet.  Might explain it.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Wheat and Soy allergy so not an issue for me, but then again I don't recall getting the Honey sauce. Shouldn't Maurice's be notifying customers who bought the offending sauce on-line? I checked all my bottles and some of those dates are dang difficult to read. Supposed to be raised letters but some of them are flat and you can just make out the year. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/fda-issues-2-year-recall-on-bbq-sauce-sold-in-the-carolinas

Piggie Park Enterprises Inc., is recalling Maurice’s Southern Gold Honey Sauce that was manufactured between March 11, 2016, and March 11, 2018.

Not a big fan of the honey myself. Original and hickory are the best.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @northGAcock gave me some of that ...  And I did meet Robin on the internet.  Might explain it.
    Same here. None of it was Honey. Or at least none of what's left.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    dmourati said:
    bgebrent said:
    @northGAcock gave me some of that ...  And I did meet Robin on the internet.  Might explain it.
    Ditto.  Dam @northGAcock you get around!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @northGAcock gave me some of that in a 4 pack of Maurice’s.  Actually served that to family and friends Monday.  So far so good.  And I did meet Robin on the internet.  Might explain it.
    Brent, if I gave Nicole any honey, it was an oversight on my part. I owe you an extra bottle next time I see you.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    dmourati said:
    bgebrent said:
    Man asked about mustard sauce on the west coast. Got to send him some good sauce.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    dmourati said:
    bgebrent said:
    Same. Robin is a slut.  I got a variety pack. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    dmourati said:
    bgebrent said:
    Same. Robin is a slut.  I got a variety pack. 
    I am gonna send you @ss some bump suave. 

• rpeters
    rpeters Posts: 5
    Options
    We like all their flavors, but didn't have any problems with the Honey, we ran out :) We are coming back down to SC in a couple weeks, need to stock up while we are there.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It didn't soy it was glutinous....

Options
    What is mustard sauce?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Ozzie I think you are stirring the pot on a Thursday, but to answer your question here is a link:  http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/246-southern-sauce-sources
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited March 2018
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Ozzie I think you are stirring the pot on a Thursday, but to answer your question here is a link:  http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/246-southern-sauce-sources
    Yes and no.  I have heard a lot about it, but have never tried it and no idea what it's flavor profile is.  It is always spoken of like everyone knows what it is, and I have never seen it described.

With that said, I also figured my simple question would stir up some comments.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin