Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Burnt Ends in KC - March Madness Style

Options
So - the KC Star is putting on a "Sweet 16" style bracket of local BBQ titans in the Burnt Ends Category.  It's down to the "Final Four" of Joe's KC, Jack's Stack, Zarda's and B.B.'s Lawnside.

Here's the initial list of 16 joints worthy of your gustatorial dollars on your next trip to KC:

http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/chow-town/article202658379.html

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...

Comments

• Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    I see some mouth watering ends, tough job to pick a winner
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Jack Stack was the first place I ever had them and so I have to go with them. Used to go to the American Royal every year and stayed near there. Country Club Plaza.
  • HellrodKC
    HellrodKC Posts: 174
    Options
    Not one of the finalists, but I went to Char Bar last weekend and was really impressed with their burnt ends. 

I'm kind of ashamed of myself though, I've lived in KC for about 8 years now and haven't even been to all of the places listed.
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I'm with you @HellrodKC - same here.  And I love Char Bar, too!.  Had some at Q39 a couple weeks back and they were not up to what we were expecting.

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Heard great things about Q39, but not necessarily about their burnt ends.  I’ll have to try Char Bar, based on that recommendation.  

I wish I could say the same about Jack Stack.  Overly fancy for a bbq joint, IMO.  Tablecloths?  Really?  And, the burnt ends were kind of tough when I went.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Went to Smoking Guns a few years ago, the burnt ends were fantastic.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    I do not like the burnt ends at jack stacks. Too soft in my opinion. I prefer a firmer texture to b.e. I think b.e. should, in fact be just that..."burnt ends".
    Pratt, KS
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    Pics of burnt ends? All the way in NC, and I remember Zarda and love their sauce, but that was a looong time ago...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options

http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/chow-town/article202658379.html

There's a 1:30 video on a lot of the offerings with close ups!