Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sold on Rockwood

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Second time using Rockwood lump tonight and I am completely SOLD on this stuff. It’s like turbo diesel compared to the other coals I’ve tried. Been a RO guy for 2 years now but I think I’ve been converted. Can’t belive how much btu’s this stuff puts out. Even makes my BGE electric starter handle super hot.

Comments

• drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can't wait to try mine. I have about one more bag of Royal Oak to burn before I can try my case of Rockwood.
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Rockwood?  Charcoal?  Never heard of it, where do you buy it at?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    $1000 cooker burning inferior lump = a Lamborghini using Walmart gas.
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Rockwood?  Charcoal?  Never heard of it, where do you buy it at?
    https://rockwoodcharcoal.com/
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For anybody on the fence about dropping $80 to try three bags (or $40 for one b/c of the shipping), we're coming out with a special/trial promo for our little 10# bag.  That should ship anywhere in the country for under $20 w/ free shipping.  It won't fill an XL to the brim, but it's more than enough for a long L&S on a Large.  Got the prototype box today and it fits like a glove.  Should be in the store soon.

BTW, if you're on IG, make sure you're watching our feed at the end of the week.  Got something really fun coming on Thursday or Friday.

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    @stlcharcoal -  You are just one step removed from that 'other' briquette brand in convenience...when will I be able to just drop that box into my large and light a corner???!

I'll keep buying the big bags until you do.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Can't wait to try mine. I have about one more bag of Royal Oak to burn before I can try my case of Rockwood.
    I’ve got two and a half more bags of RO and I just took the plunge. Amazing cooking without all that extra soot and smoke. My egg comes
    up to temp so much quicker too with the Rockwood. Goes from 250 to 700° in about 2 minutes for a reverse sear.