Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pork Butt Cook with BGE with Link to Blog Including Pictures, Video, and Process

havertyj
havertyj Posts: 118
I have been missing for a few months. I have missed visiting these discussions. Busy with work and class. I plan to be back on a regular basis again. I also wanted to share my blog of my first ever six hour cook. I bought my BGE back in August and while I cooked a few times with it, they were no longer than an hour or so doing steaks, chicken, etc. Today, I did a pork shoulder (butt) that took about six hours to cook. I got a lot of advice lurking on various discussions from this forum. Thank you!

I would be interested to hear any feedback on my process or cooking. Please check out my blog with pictures, video, and final outcome:  http://blogger.haverty.net/2018/03/pork-shoulder-butt-six-and-half-hour.html

I had fun putting the blog together as I had inspiration from seeing many post on this forums with their processes. 

Thank you!

John

♦︎ John ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎

Comments