Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ meatloaf.

Kind of a mix between Malcom Reed’s and Extraordinary BBQS recipes. Came out really good. Happy weekend, everyone. 
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

Looks awesome. I've been craving meatloaf. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    That is one excellent meal.  Making me want Meatloaf and mash potatoes.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Meatloaf on the egg is one of my favorites! Well done 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Ain't nothing wrong with it!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,954
    Winner Winner! 
    We are big fans of meatloaf on the egg as well. I keep perfecting a recipe that we love. The one thing for sure is to use wood such are cherry or pecan to add a real kicker in taste. 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Looks absolutely WONDERFUL!
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    RRP said:
    Winner Winner! 
    We are big fans of meatloaf on the egg as well. I keep perfecting a recipe that we love. The one thing for sure is to use wood such are cherry or pecan to add a real kicker in taste. 
    I’m fine tuning as well. I liked the consistency of this one more than I have in the past. I used some oak on this one, have been using some great fresh cherry on everything I’ve been doing so I wanted to change it up a bit. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Cold meatloaf sammiches are one of my weaknesses. Looks great. Enjoy!
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Very nice! Any difference between the two loaves besides sauce?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Skrullb
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Very nice! Any difference between the two loaves besides sauce?
    No they are both identical. The small one was done first so it’s sauced, the other hadn’t been sauced yet. 
  • Skrullb
    Cold meatloaf sammiches are one of my weaknesses. Looks great. Enjoy!
    You and me both, brother.