Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Berkshire Pork Tenderloin

500 Posts: 3,177
Picked up 2 from my Sam’s Club meat counter. Rubbed with EVOO, kosher salt, cracked black, and a fennel/lemon peel course salt and left to rest on the counter for 2 hours. Raised direct at 400*. I thought I overshot the IT. Pulled it off at 145-150. Very tender, great taste.  Got a “really good” from SWMBO. Worth the extra $ over standard pork tenderloin. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Wow.  It'd be nice if CostCo carried Berkshire.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Pork tenderloin is awesome.  Whenever we make it we always say, "Why don't we do this more often?"  It's so cheap compared to beef, pretty healthy, and good eats.   Well done sir!  

For the Costco folks, I've been enjoying their Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce glazed on top of the pork tenderloins... very delicious. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Vegas Eggus
    Vegas Eggus Posts: 152
    GoooDawgs said:
    Pork tenderloin is awesome.  Whenever we make it we always say, "Why don't we do this more often?"  It's so cheap compared to beef, pretty healthy, and good eats.   Well done sir!  

For the Costco folks, I've been enjoying their Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce glazed on top of the pork tenderloins... very delicious. 

Thanks for for the recommendation. Will have to look for that glaze. Sounds really good. 

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    GoooDawgs said:

Pork tenderloins have less fat than a boneless skinless chicken breast. It gets a bad “rap” because it’s... pork. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711

We say the same thing! It's in the rotation...but just not that often. I cook it about the same way. Raised direct etc. Maybe a little different seasoning for us usually...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    FATC1TY said:
    Pork tenderloins have less fat than a boneless skinless chicken breast. It gets a bad “rap” because it’s... pork. 
    Slightly less total fat, but slightly more saturated fat. A bit less cholesterol and calories.  This is for 'normal' pork.  Expect that the Berkshire will have higher values. Values are close enough that I consider them the same.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Totally awesome!!!  I didn’t know Sam‘s had Berkshire pork.  Another great way is to SV them at 140 for 1.5hrs.  Then finish w a sear on the egg.  Pork is especially amazing done w  a SV egg combo!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice cook for sure.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Great cook. Tenderloins are one of my ATF's.....always indirect. Easy and inexpensive.