Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flamboss 300 or bbq guru digiQ2???

Options
2»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    mlc2013 said:
    Carolina Q
    Thanks for the info!! I will have to try this turbo method and see what I think I have not done any yet.
    But if you dont want to get up early and start cooking or possibly want BBQ for lunch, good old low and slow over night cook is a winner.lol
    Or have a job.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Question on the Flame Bosses, what's the difference between the 200 and 300 besides 100 hundred?  Is it the extra meat probe?  With firmware updates I can now change temps via wifi with my 200.  I like it!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
     The only difference I was able to see from their website is the extra meat probe so you could have a total of three proteins and grate temperature 
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • whldch
    whldch Posts: 126
    Options
    Is the DigiQ the equivalent of the FB300? I would have expected the CyberQ to be. I did get the CyberQ and while it is true that you may not need it, I was able to ramp up the temp from a distance to get through the stall, and monitoring a long cook is a beautiful thing. As nice as it is to be near the cook, that doesn't always work out. If you do enough lo and slow cooks, it is a worthwhile investment imho.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Question on the Flame Bosses, what's the difference between the 200 and 300 besides 100 hundred?  Is it the extra meat probe?  With firmware updates I can now change temps via wifi with my 200.  I like it!!
    There are some hardware improvements under the hood......Fixed some board issues some 200s had.  Also is had the ability to broadcast Wi-Fi like a router.  That let's you direct connect to your phone or tablet with the fb app without having a router and internet in between.  Makes it super easy to setup, and the ability to still use it remotely if your internet goes down or is unavailable (like at a competition).
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    It always strikes me as funny that when someone has decided on a certain type of item and asks for recommendations between two similar products, people jump in and tell them they don't need either. We don't really need the Egg when it comes down to realities. But some of us like gadgets. Look at how many people like the Kick Ash Basket, and then look at the posts from people who say it is a base cracking machine. How many people on here can't live without their Adjustable Rigs, while many get by with a cheap grate and some bolts. 

Yup, I have a Flame Boss 300. Can I cook without it? Sure, and I do not have a problem keeping a steady temperature. But I like the convenience of monitoring temperatures without going out in the back yard, especially on plus 100 degree days. I like to be able to turn up or down the pit temp from the comfort of my couch. I like to look at the graphs on past cooks to prod my memory on times and temps. And I sleep better on overnight cooks. Yes, I know some people don't think overnight cooks are needed. Again, we all like different things.

Anyway, I have not used any controller besides the FB300, but I highly recommend it. The product works very well and the customer service is outstanding.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    FB 300
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Yno said:
    It always strikes me as funny that when someone has decided on a certain type of item and asks for recommendations between two similar products, people jump in and tell them they don't need either. We don't really need the Egg when it comes down to realities. But some of us like gadgets. Look at how many people like the Kick Ash Basket, and then look at the posts from people who say it is a base cracking machine. How many people on here can't live without their Adjustable Rigs, while many get by with a cheap grate and some bolts. 

Yup, I have a Flame Boss 300. Can I cook without it? Sure, and I do not have a problem keeping a steady temperature. But I like the convenience of monitoring temperatures without going out in the back yard, especially on plus 100 degree days. I like to be able to turn up or down the pit temp from the comfort of my couch. I like to look at the graphs on past cooks to prod my memory on times and temps. And I sleep better on overnight cooks. Yes, I know some people don't think overnight cooks are needed. Again, we all like different things.

Anyway, I have not used any controller besides the FB300, but I highly recommend it. The product works very well and the customer service is outstanding.
    This is a public forum. Logic has no place here.lol
    Agree
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Yno said:

I always like to tell "those people" that THEY didn't need a BGE either.....yet they still went out, bought one, and would debate/fight about how it's superior with anyone that tries to put it down.

Boys and their toys.  I don't buy it because I need it--I buy it because I want it, and moreover, BECAUSE I CAN.  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!