Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damaged thermometer

Options
Hi guys my thermometer stopped  working and after trying all the ways to fix it I have decided to buy a new one.  I saw one on amazon for 22 dls, do you guys think the BGE 40 dls is that much better ? Any input is appreciated 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    teltru.com. They make the ones that BGE sells. $25 (I think) instead of 40 but without BGE logo. Here's mine...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    What Carolina Q said. Just make sure to get the correct length stem. 2 and a 1/2 I believe.
  • Ievdds
    Ievdds Posts: 21
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    What Carolina Q said. Just make sure to get the correct length stem. 2 and a 1/2 I believe.
    Since the OP never mentioned the size BGE he has then I suggest he remove the thermometer that came with his egg and measure the proble length and then go to theTel-tru site and order. Not all eggs come with the same size thermometer.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    I like the ones with larger faces too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    The Tel-Tru also come in different temp ranges.  The one pictured above has a max of 1000º but the min is 200º.  The ones that max at 750º have a lower min.  You should select the one that best fits your cooks.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I like the smokeware thermos. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95