Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Saw this at Lowes tonight

Options
I love my blackstone(s), but this looked very good and has some cool features over my 36":

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Rhino-Razor-Black-Powder-Coated-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Griddle-Grill/1000364859

Has great reviews on Lowes and Amazon.  It would have received a serious look if it was around when I bought the blackstone.

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Looks like an exact copy, for the same retail price. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I saw some reviews on it a couple years ago but never could find one in a store.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Looks like an exact copy, for the same retail price. 
    At first glance, maybe, but it's not "exact", exactly.  :)

Some of those features mentioned by the OP might be noteworthy to some people.  In example, I find the shelves folding to form a cover to be attractive. 
    Others might find the grease removal to be an improvement over the Blackstone's set-up.  Or they may find it to be just be an exchange of problems.

On YouTube, a guy posting as "TonyBuddy123" does a side by side comparison.  

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Looks similar to the Blackstone.  Looks well built though never noticed them in the stores.  

There's going to be more offerings from Blackstone this year.  I'm excited to see what they're coming out with!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    I noticed blackstone has been improving their product.  The display model at Lowes had the jbweld trick factory installed:

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I noticed blackstone has been improving their product.  The display model at Lowes had the jbweld trick factory installed:

Honestly, I think it was stupid to spend the time/money welding the end cap on the end and drilling the drain hole in the first place. I would rather the end be open completely. Then you could slide tool/spatula all the way down to end to clean out V-groove. Just a spot weld at the bottom tip end as drip guide.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A real copycat just the same!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Blue Rhino was involved in that price fixing collusion a few years ago and was selling partially filled tanks as full. Great folks  :|
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    At the Ace show this summer, the Blackstone rep in the booth down the aisle told me they were redesigning the grill.  That gutter would be in the back and it would be different.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    At the Ace show this summer, the Blackstone rep in the booth down the aisle told me they were redesigning the grill.  That gutter would be in the back and it would be different.
    The gutter on the 22" is at the back of the griddle and drains (cleanly) into an easily removable grease collector. Perhaps the 36" will be the same sort of arrangement.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
     I would like to get something like this but it would have to have a steal cover or lid that would protect it from the elements and pests.  I saw a blackstone cover on amazon but it was over $100!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Options
     I would like to get something like this but it would have to have a steal cover or lid that would protect it from the elements and pests.  I saw a blackstone cover on amazon but it was over $100!
    $100+ is a deal breaker for sure, but how about half a sheet of plywood covered with a piece of tarp from Harbor Freight? 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    RRP said:
    $100+ is a deal breaker for sure, but how about half a sheet of plywood covered with a piece of tarp from Harbor Freight? 
    I cant have anything nice?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Huh? sorry if I offended you. I took your comment and handle and assumed that you were in Alaska and you meant bears or other nasty beasties!,
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Huh? sorry if I offended you. I took your comment and handle and assumed that you were in Alaska and you meant bears or other nasty beasties!,
    No, he hates Alaskans.  He kills them.  Alaskan Assasin. :smiley:
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
     Ha! From Alaska, a carquest guy in NC nick named me alaskanassassin, then he changed it to poler bear poker...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
        Going to have to do better than that!  We used to hang the weber grill grate from a tree at the cabin to keep the bears from getting a hold of it and misplacing it!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    A buddy drilled out the drain hole on his Blackstone and tapped it. Then screwed in a bib and filed the V so it is flush on top. That way, it either drains straight down into the catch can, he can attach a hose and run it down to a jug for easy cleanup, or run a longer hose so it ends up in the yard if he really wanted to. He said one of his dad's buddies showed it to him.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• stever1888
    Options

I got a new 36" Blackstone for Christmas.  It looks like picture here, and it definitely did not solve the problem.  Grease does not run all the way back to the leg, but if it hits that bump with any velocity or volume, it will still stream in an arc off to the left instead of just dripping down, and will totally miss the drip pan.  So I had to quickly do the JB Weld trick, as seen in other posts around here, which now works great.
    LSG 20x42 offset, LBGE, 36" BS griddle, and more.  Piedmont Triad, North Carolina.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I bought that little stainless thing from amazon, works great on the grease trap

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)