Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Pizzas

Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 96
I think these were my best crusts yet, just haven’t gotten them to a point where I was satisfied until today. I’ve been using the Bobby Flay recipe.  First was sausage and onion, 2nd was pepperoni. Beer today was Sierra Nevada Kellerweis. 

Mankato, MN - LBGE

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    Good looking pies.  I like the brown edge on number one the best.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,176
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,815
    Great job!  They look really good!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dsrgunsdsrguns Posts: 421
    Nice work. Crust looks fantastic.

XL BGE
    MD
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,361
    Great pies brother!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 96
    Thanks all- been working on different crusts for sometime now, finally think I have it dialed in. 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Those look really good. I like a little char on my crust. I agree, number one with the brown edges gets my vote. 
    2 Large Eggs    Oklahoma City,OK
  • dmouratidmourati Posts: 380
    Looks pretty good but I think the cheese melt could be better on both.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,534
    So you prefer the flay dough? Nice looking pizza! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
    Hans61 said:
    So you prefer the flay dough? Nice looking pizza! 
    I do like the flay dough. If I follow the recipe exactly, it states you cut the dough ball in half as it yields two pizzas. I like using that one dough ball for a thicker crust pizza, or as he suggests cutting in half, I can get a thinner crust as the gluten in the recipe holds the dough together really well thus allowing the dough to be stretched out.  Bottom line is I like the flexibility of the recipe. 

Agree on the cheese melt, I think I was to excited that the crust was bubbling up that I pulled them a minute or two early. 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • HoosierBBQHoosierBBQ Posts: 107
    Those look good! What setup and temp were you running? I haven’t been successful with pizzas on the egg
    Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria
    Those look good! What setup and temp were you running? I haven’t been successful with pizzas on the egg
    Plate setter with legs down, 2 fire bricks raising my pizza stone up above the felt line.  Temp between 500-550.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE