Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off topic Starbucks sous vide egg bite

Options
1235»

Comments

• milesvdustin
    Options
    How do you keep these from sticking in the jars? I tried avocado oil the first time and butter the second time. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Ghee might work.

But why not just eat it out of the jar? I nuke a 4oz SV egg bite for 35 secs and grab a spoon. Saves me from dirtying a plate.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited September 2018
    Options
    We have 12 jars and these go fast. Wife wants to store them jar free in a larger container in the fridge so we can make a full batch when we run low 

i told her we need more jars 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    OK, I've got to get on this gravy train.... I've never made this or JIC chocolate pots.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    We have 12 jars and these go fast. Wife wants to store them jar free in a larger container in the fridge so we can make a full batch when we run low 

i told her we need more jars 
    If this something you are going to stick with, might be worth your while to check into buying Insta Pot and using the silicon molds. Image from Amazon.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 689
    Options
    Since I had some water heated I made some egg bites as well 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Another great thread to see resurface from time to time, since it reminds me to prep breakfast for the week :)

sort of an Indian riff on Eggslut this time. Had some spiced mashed tater mix ( for a samosa type of appetizer  yesterday.  Peas, carrots, nigella seed, carom seed, fenugreek seed, cumin, coriander, mustard seed, fennel seed in the mix. Topped with some garlic infused oil, sharp cheddar, and an egg. 

In the bath at 150F for an hour. Now I have breakfast done for the week. 

Thanks for the bump @Elijah

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.