Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Super Bowl and a cracked egg ughhhhh.

Super Bowl Sunday....fired up the LBG...planning to cook chicken wings. As the egg was heating up, I noticed smoke coming from the bottom of the egg. Upon further inspection, I found a crack in the base, ughhh. Not happy..... but enjoy the game. 

Comments

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,405
    It can still cook just fine till you get your warranty replacement!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,650
    Bad luck but shouldn’t be a problem using it until the warranty base arrives. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,645
    Cook away!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,292
    Roll with it, mine has been cracked for years. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Akorn Jr

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SBGonzoSBGonzo Posts: 135
    Roll with it, mine has been cracked for years. 
    Will do until I file a warranty claim. Any concern with doing an overnight brisket cook with a cracked base? 

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,647
    No worries if the egg cracks and spews fire on whatever is below and that is not flammable.

• "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,647

• SBGonzoSBGonzo Posts: 135
    No worries if the egg cracks and spews fire on whatever is below and that is not flammable.
    My wooden table would surly catch fire....humm, I think I will pass on the potential fire in the middle of the night while I am sleeping. I don’t want to deal with that. 

• There was a post similar to this one floating around early today. I think the title was cracked egg in Oregon or something to that effect. A few of the guys, believe it was @RRP was saying something about Permatex Ultra Copper or JBWeld and how those would help fill the gaps in the crack until you can get a replacement. But it would help to minimize some of the hazards you were talking about, and the loss of heat/smoke.
    Nor Cal
    XL BGE