Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Anyone In To Homebrewing?

2»

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,674
    BYS1981 said:
    I am a drinker but not maker. It seems fun tho

It's fun. It can be as simple or as difficult as you want to make it. Definitely can challenge your intellect depending on how far you take it. Chemistry if you get into water and making additions to change your water profile with things like calcium, magnesium, sodium, etc, math for determining liquid levels and priming sugar calculations and other things, microbiology for yeast health and definitely patience. Its 5-6 weeks between when I brew a beer and actually get to taste it and see if its any good or if I just wasted a bunch of time. But the final product makes it all worth it, at least to me.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• vb4677vb4677 Posts: 444
    @Griffin

I've got a buddy that always tells newbies, "If you can make a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese, then you make beer."

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    Large BGE, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a couple of gas smokers...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 825
    First step in any batch of home brew... Relax, Have a Beer!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• I’ve been brewing for years. I always tell people that it’s the only thing that you can do while drinking beer all day and end up with more than you started with. 
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,079
    I hear that making "shine" at home is really popular now.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,707
    I hear that making "shine" at home is really popular now.
    First rule of "shine" is you don't talk about "shine".