Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mini-Max

As I have already posted my wife got me a mini-max for Christmas.   It took me several weeks to find a suitable table, but since then, I have been wearing it out.  Burgers three times, chicken breasts, salmon, brats, steaks twice and pork loins.  Wow is it an incredible cooking machine!   Starting to get it dialed in.  I am amazed at how little lump it burns compared to my large.  Yukon Ron always brags about his and now I know why.   The Ultimate Cooking Machine.    
Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.

Comments

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 9,994
    Enjoy that little feller. He will bring you years of joy. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,228
    Congrats!
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• EoinEoin Posts: 1,514
    My lump consumption dropped massively when I got the MMX and stopped having to fire up the XL for a couple of pieces of chicken. Gets to temperature faster too. Win-win.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,666
    Absolutely love my Mini Max and I'm sure you'll love yours as well.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    I’m looking to find a mini. I have an XL and it’s awesome but during the weekdays it’s just my wife and I and having a money would save me time and money on lump 
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,130
    Not to introduce a "foreigner" , but since I got my Kamado Joe Jr., I use it much more than my Large Egg when it's just the two of us.
    Much less lump consumption.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Wife and I love our MM. Got it for her at Christmas and it is our main tool for cooks. Great for weekday quick cooks!
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,137
    Sounds like you have it dialed in... Enjoy brother 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • I have a lg.and a mini. And that little thing is a cooking machine, you betta believe it. 
  • baychillabaychilla Posts: 305
    Will a full rack of spares fit across a mini or does that require some form of porcine gymnastics?
    Near San Francisco in California
  • @baychilla no. The MM is a camp grill or small family set up that doubles as an indirect cooker with limited fuel. You could pile 3 rib portions or slice a rack in half and put a mini roast pan in. 

But it if you’re trying to buy one a small is less versatile for movement but would probably fit your needs. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN