Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: PelletHeads.com :OT

Options
GregW
GregW Posts: 2,678
If anyone was a member of the old Pelletheads.com site that shutdown late 2017. The site has returned and all members can login with their old credentials. All forum content is still there.

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,596
    Options
    Good to know, thanks!  Just joined shortly before it went down, love the place.
    canuckland
  • GregW
    Options
    I'm glad it's back, it's a good source of info for pellet smokers and grills.
    The Pelletheads site had a very established user base with extensive content.
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    That's nice to hear.  Over the holidays when I was looking into gettig a Mac grill it was down.  I have wee bit of a bias issue when the only pellet forum around is run by Macs only dealer.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • GregW
    edited January 2018
    Options
    baychilla said:
    That's nice to hear.  Over the holidays when I was looking into gettig a Mac grill it was down.  I have wee bit of a bias issue when the only pellet forum around is run by Macs only dealer.
    @baychilla , there is another site called Pelletfan. It was formed during non violent coup of the original Pellethead site.
    When the owner (Larry) of the original Pelletheads site died, there was a discussion with his wife of the site being sold. As far as I can tell, the site was sold. It quickly experienced hosting problems and has been offline. Thankfully the new owner has gotten the hosting problem sorted out.

A gentleman that goes by the name of Bentley on the Pellethead site was there to pickup the pieces when the original site went dark.

Bentley formed the new Pelletfan site. Now that the original is back, there may not be a need for the new site. Only time will tell. It is nice to have more sites to use as a resource.

I don't have ant concrete info on what happened, and those that do are keeping very quiet.