Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Joetisserie Beef Tenderloin

weeshon74weeshon74 Posts: 10
edited January 28 in EggHead Forum
Marinated the beef and threw it in the Joetisserie with the temp between 375 and 400 degrees. Our company was running late so I brought the egg down to around 325. After 30 minutes, I brushed it with butter every 10 minutes until it came up to medium rare temp. Took it off the spit right when the company arrived. Let it rest for 15 minutes and served. One of the best steaks I’ve had and got rave reviews from our company. 

Comments

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,858
    Beautiful 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,138
    Just awesome!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Nicely done Sir!
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,405
    What was the marinade?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 460
    Looks great.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • nemonemo Posts: 111
    Thinking of getting a joetisserie.  Do you feel your results are better with it...or not?  Thanks.
    Fairview, Texas
  • baychillabaychilla Posts: 305
    nemo said:
    Thinking of getting a joetisserie.  Do you feel your results are better with it...or not?  Thanks.
    I've only used mine for whole chickens and pork loin so far, but YES.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • weeshon74weeshon74 Posts: 10
    @Hans61...The marinade was just dale’s, Worcester sauce, salt and pepper...nothing fancy...@nemo...I would definitely recommend the Joetisserie. Everything I have made with it has turned out great and it’s very easy to use. I just bought a fill it and grill it basket and I am going to make some wings soon...
    weeshon74 said:
    Marinated the beef and threw it in the Joetisserie with the temp between 375 and 400 degrees. Our company was running late so I brought the egg down to around 325. After 30 minutes, I brushed it with butter every 10 minutes until it came up to medium rare temp. Took it off the spit right when the company arrived. Let it rest for 15 minutes and served. One of the best steaks I’ve had and got rave reviews from our company. 
    Is that dome temp or spit temp?
    @baychilla That was dome temp. 
    Thanks.
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 505
    wow - looking good
    Memphis, TN 
  • mgoblue0484mgoblue0484 Posts: 144
    edited February 2
    Looks damn tasty. This may be a dumb question, but does the egg close and seal well? I guess the joetisserie isn't the same thickness in the front as in back? Anyone have any experience using it with the new hinge/band assembly?

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

Mine is fine with the old and inferior style hinge/band (still on the fence about paying for the new system as my old works).
  • SmokingPineySmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Perfect......well done! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Nice job, but thanks a lot. Been holding out on buying one for a couple of years, just took the plunge.
    Highland, MI

L BGE and a KJ Jr
    Forgot to mention earlier, yes the ring that sits on the egg is sloped.  Thicker in the front than in the back.  Kind of makes the egg looked like it swallowed something.
    @mgoblue0484 It does seal pretty well and once you get the temp set, it holds really well. You can’t open the damper/daisy wheel as much as normal because there is not seal where the spit comes out. I’ll take a picture of them the next time I cook and post it with the temp to give you an idea.