Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Acacia Table Maintenance

Options

I have a BGE Acacia Table and am wondering the best way to maintain the surfaces from things like food splatters, charcoal marks etc. Does anyone know if these are oiled or what kind of stain is used from the factory? Can I lightly sand any stains.....what should I use as sealer/oil/stain to touch up the spots? 

thanks.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

Comments

• rbierman
    Options
    I just put my new Acacia table together yesterday. The care instructions says that it "has been lightly treated with a uv-resistant oil finish." also it notes to clean with with a mild detergent and damp non abrasive cloth. I will get a cover for it and also consult with a outdoor wood furniture expert on perhaps maintaining the finish with something like teak oil or some other oil based finish as the table ages.
  • rbierman
    Options
    Also, to avoid burning / charcoal marks I will rest my Egg on a table nest accessory. A cheaper alternative is to rest it on a 1' square paver or a thick stone or masonry tile. Plus, I plan to place a travertine or granite tile on the top of table to set a hot grate or Eggconvertor when necessary.