Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A bit of Mallmann

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
Decent read on Mallmann. Dulce de leche crepe looks awesome.

$44,000 for up to four people to explore Mallmann's World.
http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a14443791/francis-mallmann-patagonia-2018/
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Mallman is definitely an interesting guy. I love his approach to food and cooking.
    That's a lot of money to be able to hang out with the guy for a few days.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Nice article.

I read this gals blog post about a visit to Mallman's place in Patagonia a couple years ago - http://www.lauraaustinphoto.com/post/8513/patagonia-with-francis-mallmann

Lot's of nice photos but damn...didn't realize that it would cost that much to spend a few days with him at his place. Of course, for the folks that are spending that money it likely is literally just lunch money to them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    I also read the above article sited by @HeavyG.  I guess if you have a whole lot of disposable income and are really into what he offers then it could be a great one-off.  I'm guessing the price is once you get you and your three high-end friends to his place in Patagonia.  That ride to get here and back is gonna cost half-again as much at a minimum.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mallmann is definitely "different", eh? =) Interesting article. 

I think I found his island... the only way I'll ever get there I'm sure. Definitely the end of nowhere!  Click HERE

Yeah I know. I was bored. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Carolina Q That’s cool. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon