Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad Plating Idea

2»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,009
    bosco0633 said:
    Legume said:
    May have looked better plated on the floor like @bosco0633 chili.
    Ouch!!
    Haha - hey, your chili looked great, but I think that floor is a natural setting for the blood splatter scallops.
    Not a felon
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Worst plating I've ever seen!   Wow just wow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Am I the only one who doesn't find it offensive?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    This is quite a difference, and this picture doesn't seem to have red curry sauce.  I just took a quick look, but I'll keep looking and see if any customer pictures look like yours.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g54171-d463412-i226714502-High_Cotton_Charleston-Charleston_South_Carolina.html

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

I can't say that I found it to be offensive, just they were trying too hard to be different/artsy and the outcome was just kind of...gross.

Wouldn't have stopped me from eating it but I'm sure I would have spent the evening at the table with my dining companions mocking it. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• From the splatter pattern, I think the chef was a left-handed Albanian !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,009

Not offensive, just strange, unnecessary.  Perfect for a murder mystery dinner.
    Not a felon
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    billt01 said:
    @F3DAWG

Been to Charleston a few times. When we do go, we go to Hal's and Hank's
    I would have sent that plate back in NY minute.
    But Halls is AWESOME.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Good point.
    Halloween party plate it could work.
    But even then, as fish pointed out, it is a jumbled mess, sear is weak, portions for $38 a joke.  Looks like a murdered app.

What would Gordon say?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I find it hard to believe that no one at your table said, "What the hell happened to THAT?!", when the waiter brought it to the table. That's just grotesque.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut