Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Help for some friends (GoFundMe)

Options
Just thought I’d pass along the link to a GoFundMe campaign for some friends of mine. Their son Percy, a 9 year old boy, has had quite a rough few months, to say the least. In November, it was discovered that he had a brain tumour. Several operations have now resulted in partial facial palsy and limited mobility. He now faces radiation therapy in Boston, far from home. He has apparently spent only one night in his own bed since the tumour was discovered.

Please don't feel any pressure to help out, but if you are so inclined, his parents are raising money for rehabilitation. Further info can be found at https://www.gofundme.com/percy-mcintosh.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Done.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    Done.

I’m very grateful, as I’m sure the family is. Thank you. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Just donated - prayers sent also.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just donated - prayers sent also.
    Much appreciated, friend. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Just sent a donation as well. Thoughts and prayers go out to Percy and his family. My wife and I went through a similar experience 24 years ago when our youngest son was treated in Boston for a brain tumor. 

If they haven’t already, have Percy’s parents contact Andy or Peggy at The Boston House (617) 734-3333 to obtain a room, if available. This is formerly the Boston Ronald McDonald House and is specifically for families of children being treated for cancer. My son and I stayed there when we were going through treatment, can’t say enough good things about it. They charge families $10/night (I believe - was $5 back then) - can’t beat that in Boston. 

http://thebostonhouse.org/

Anyhow, good luck to Percy and his family. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just sent a donation as well. Thoughts and prayers go out to Percy and his family. My wife and I went through a similar experience 24 years ago when our youngest son was treated in Boston for a brain tumor. 

If they haven’t already, have Percy’s parents contact Andy or Peggy at The Boston House (617) 734-3333 to obtain a room, if available. This is formerly the Boston Ronald McDonald House and is specifically for families of children being treated for cancer. My son and I stayed there when we were going through treatment, can’t say enough good things about it. They charge families $10/night (I believe - was $5 back then) - can’t beat that in Boston. 

http://thebostonhouse.org/

Anyhow, good luck to Percy and his family. 
    My sincere thanks. This family is extremely lucky to have the support of such generous strangers. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    One other thing to consider.  Here in Memphis, we have St. Jude Children's hospital.  I know Memphis has a bad reputation, but we have great hospitals.  One of the best is St. Jude. They specialize in children's cancer.  Saint Jude is top notch and it is cost free - patients are never charged anything!!

go to google. 

Please PM me if they have interest - I might be able to get you a contact.

(One of my good friends is a cancer survivor treated at St. Jude as a child - and he has two BGE's as well) 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    @CTMike as usual the cream rises to the top. Great help for @Great_EGGspectations.  My prayers go out for a great outcome. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    So sorry to hear this.  Many prayers for Percy's rehab and recovery and for all his family and friends!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions, including Boston House and St. Jude. Will pass along.

Many thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers and donations.