Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye Saturday Night

4 ribeyes, 8lbs of meat, Rockwood lump, wine, beer, success!!
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I like what I see!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • larryd
    larryd Posts: 121
    Nothing better than ribeyes cooked on an egg!
  • Yes sir!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    And here I thought you were just a troll :smiley:
    Turns out you've got skills and chit :wink:
    Nice work man! 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    larryd said:
    Nothing better than ribeyes cooked on an egg!
    I must agree with you on that one.  I've been egging for a longgg time and good, consistent quality lump has become a challenge. My wife, who has quite the discerning taste buds, asks me last night if I've been doing something different with my ribeyes the last 4-5 times I've cooked them.  Right there was the blind test data I've been waiting for.  The difference?  I switched over to Rockwood lump FIVE ribeye cooks ago.  What a perfect correlation.  I am as happy with Rockwood lump as I am with my KAB and Smobot.  
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • RajunCajun
    And here I thought you were just a troll :smiley:
    Turns out you've got skills and chit :wink:
    Nice work man! 

Thanks!  But I am a troll....no doubt.  :)
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited January 2018
    Awesome cook. I love me a ribeye. 

Thread hijack for sure, but how do you like your Rutland?
  • RajunCajun
    edited January 2018
    @GrateEggspectations
    Love the Rutland.  Fried the old gasket early on and picked up the Rutland from RRP and have not looked back since.  The Rutland is bulletproof and anyone slightly smarter than a lizard on an exhaust pipe can install it.  Just takes patience and don't overdo it with the cement.
  • @GrateEggspectations
    Love the Rutland.  Fried the old gasket early on and picked up the Rutland from RRP and have not looked back since.  The Rutland is bulletproof and anyone slightly smarter than a lizard on an exhaust pipe can install it.  Just takes patience and don't overdo it with the cement.
    Thanks very much. And thanks for tagging me on the response, as I don’t get an alert without it.

Just bought Rutlands for both my L and MM. Will install in the spring. Am looking forward to it.