Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic grill store spider

Options
After a hunting season and cold
snap cooking hydernation im starting to give my large bge some attention. I'm looking into buying 3 leg spider set up for wok cooking and hanging my Dutch oven I did a search and read that a few guys have this set up but my question is does it hold up and do you think it would be to much for a 7 qt Dutch oven? 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Hit up the store itself - Tom will be great and answer all your questions!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Agree @tjv will answer. Maybe I am missing something but why you want to suspend a Dutch oven in the spider? I use mine a lot on egg and just use platesetter legs down and place the DO atop the ceramic feet for an air gap. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    you should not have a problem with the spider. I'm not sure you want to hang it down inside the fire ring, could get to hot for what your cooking.  If you invert it up, you'll open up the airflow and have better control with simmering type temperatures.  

I cooking up a pot of chicken soup today at work but on the stove, no time for egging right now. 

@Chubbs, thanks for the heads up on this one!

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    i use my big camp dutch with the legs on the spider, no problem. for a simmer you are looking at 275 dome,  with the platesetter its more like 325 dome. just adjust temps for a low simmer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it