Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Am I the only Canuck with a warranty replacement that’s not happening?

Options
2»

Comments

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Sounds like they gave you a platesetter for a Gen 1 MM. 
  • Cmyachtie
    Cmyachtie Posts: 101
    Options
    Any reason you know chuckytheegghead said:
    Sounds like they gave you a platesetter for a Gen 1 MM. 
    Any reason you know of why they changed the design? Like maybe not enough airflow with the shorter one?...

MMx, my not so large BGE
    Genesis E330 gasser 
    WiFi ANOVA SV
    Halifax, Canada
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    I think for better airflow and a larger gap between the platesetter and cooking grid. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Cmyachtie said:
    So I decided to make one more phone call to the dealer and talk to the store manager instead of his BGE guy........wo and behold got a callback saying he got me a platesetter he borrowed from another dealer for me, went to pick it up yesterday and discovered that even though diameterwise it is same as mine, the legs are shorter.....(about 50%)
    so now I began to wonder if there are two different platesetters, one for the small and one for the MM.??
    Yes, there is a PS specific to the Small BGE and it has taller legs than the Mini Max PS.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Cmyachtie
    Cmyachtie Posts: 101
    Options
    I am happy now........have one for raised and one for something bigger on top until it breaks as the crack is growing longer....LOL
    Then maybe will spend $$on a Woo.
    MMx, my not so large BGE
    Genesis E330 gasser 
    WiFi ANOVA SV
    Halifax, Canada