Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Where do all the points go?

Options
I go to Costco and they have packers and flats, but no points.  I go to Kroger and they have flats only.  I go to my local butcher and they have flats in the cooler, but no points.  I was at Wallyworld today and they had full packers and flats, but no points.

What happens to the points??  Do they end up in sausages??
Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I was all set to give you the schedule of prizes for forum points.  

:disappointed:
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    From all I have been able to learn over the years, most points go to the ground meat machine for further service due to the fat content.  Several end up as the corned beef points you will find primarily around late Feb-early March.  
    The reason you pay significantly less per lb for a packer than a flat is the labor overhead required to separate and trim the flat for stand-alone sale.  No butcher here so perhaps someone with a better handle on the process will be along.   FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.