Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chimichangas

Options
Boileregger
Boileregger Posts: 614
edited December 2017 in EggHead Forum
We love chimis but hate frying them in the house because of the smell that lingers.  So since I have the big ass cast iron pan, we decided to fry them on the grill tonight.  So good, and no smell!

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Great-lookin' plate of food right there. What did you stuff them with?
    Stillwater, MN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Looks delicious.  I've never made chimmys.  Any details would be appreciated.

Phoenix 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Chimichangas are deep fried burritos.  Put whatever you want in them.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Chimichangas are deep fried burritos.  Put whatever you want in them.
    I'm aware of what you can put in them. Was curious what he put in the ones he just made and shared with everyone on here.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Boileregger
    Options
    Great-lookin' plate of food right there. What did you stuff them with?
    I had some chicken pulled from a Costco rotisserie chicken.  I warmed it up and seasoned with homemade taco seasoning and mixed in some salsa.  After pulling off the fire I mixed with sour cream and sharp cheddar.  Topped with more cheddar, salsa Verde, and cotija.  Great use of leftovers!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Best chimichangas I've ever had were from a place that used to be in Old Town San Diego, Casa De Bandini. They have since moved to Carlsbad, north of SD. I really need to try some of my own!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut