Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maiden voyage

Options
I no longer have a porch. So I’ve been worried about rain when I cook over night. It hardly rains where I live but during the winter we do get a lot of unexpected rain. So I bought a smokeware cap. Trying it for the first time tonight. 
Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Comments

• g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    Options
    I thought I would be working late tonight but lucky I got done early. I tried to defrost some steaks but it’s still partially frozen. I’m gonna cook them anyway. Wish me luck.   
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,472
    Options
    No sympathy here since you live in paradise.  I have a covered porch-we can trade locations any time.  ;)
    Hope the steaks turned out great.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Isn't winter just an imaginary construct where you live?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon