Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inverted Peking Chicken n Roasted Veggies

Options
Rubbed a chicken with DP Peking and on the the stand upside down 

Chopped some cauliflower and halved some carrots and hit with EVOO, SnP,Garlic powder and fresh rosemary. In a pan to roast on the small 

Chicken is resting 
I

And plated 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,536
    Options
    Beautiful bird.  I wonder if you thought about cooking the veg under the bird? may have to pre-nuke the carrot though.
    canuckland
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @Canugghead - thank you for the comment on the chicken.  As far as the veggies under the chicken I've never really liked veggies that way.  Prolly just me idk    The carrots went on about 20 mins before the cauliflower and both were tender crisp.  

Mrs3969 told me she wanted her veggies steamed. No problem I say. When my veggies came in she decided she liked mine better.  Lol.  

analyze adapt overcome

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Nice!  Mrs. 500 is on a veggie roasting kick right now.  We try to have them both done at the same time, so I guess the veggies need to hold somehow while the protein cooks.  And why did the yardbird do a headstand?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Nice job sir. It's easy to forget just how good something as simple as a roasted chicken can taste. I also agree with you about the veggies.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @500 - the headstand is a trick @Little Steven started several years ago.  It lets the juices from the thighs baste the breast meat.  And gets the thighs done as quick if not quicker than the white meat.  

analyze adapt overcome