Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware discount code

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
Smokeware Black Friday to Cyber Monday discount code.  I picked up the Grate Stacker + Grill Grate Combo.  
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You will like that combo.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks.  I hope so.  I cook raised direct alot so it should work fine.  Wondering if the lid will close with the platesetter under it or not, but if not, it's not a deal killer for me.
    Member since 2009
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    500 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks.  I hope so.  I cook raised direct alot so it should work fine.  Wondering if the lid will close with the platesetter under it or not, but if not, it's not a deal killer for me.
    As it's sold, I don't believe it's realistic to use with platesetter. I think I tried and it was just so high in the dome that getting the upper grate centered to close the dome was a pain. Then there is the temp gauge issue not to mention just no real room to cook that high in the dome. A few others members have shortened the riser bars to lower the raised grate a little more.
    Maybe they will chime in.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @500 I have this for my xl and cooked 3butd down below and 2 up top while using the platesetter.   Had no issues with it closing. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Options
    I messaged them through their FB page about it fitting and this was their response;
    "Yes, it will work with the plate setter in place. However, we do not have a clip long enough to attach it. Basically you just have to be careful when swinging the top grate out to access the bottom grate. Or just make sure the food on the bottom is heavier than the food up top. Let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks!"
    Member since 2009