Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Wifi mesh?

Options
2»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I like a mesh underwire system the best and you get great support.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SBGonzo
    SBGonzo Posts: 137
    Options
    Cisco Meraki seem to work well for SMB and Enterprise applications. Cloud controlled easy setup, but you are still limited to ISP/Internet transport problems...i.e. jitter, packet loss and latency. To add in a layer of redundancy you could look at an SDWAN solution...Velocloud etc....but that would probably be cost prohibitive for residential use. I use the simple Google Wifi setup for home use, which seems to work well....that is when ISP is up. Lol 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I appreciate the very technical (or am I so far off the planet?) discussions here.  Glad so many have offered their insights.  Fortunately I decided to scroll this thread for entertainment value.  Not disappointed as I am not even close to appreciating the posts.  Hopefully somewhere the OP is able to find some pearls of wisdom.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @lousubcap I too appreciate the replies, but I'm lost as last year's Easter egg. @dmw attempted to help me and I followed his advice.  Just gotta get the kids outta the house so I can work on the problem with minimal complaint. 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I would checkout the Ubiquiti stuff. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    When we built the house back in 2000, I ran conduit from every room to the basement. Installed an equipment rack I removed from a Telco Cental Office, added a rack mount power supply, cable modem, router, and switch. Homerun CAT 5’s from every room in the house, and the ability to upgrade if needed due to the use of conduit. 

I have a gigabit switch and am considering replacing the CAT 5 with CAT 6a. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have 5 CATS I use CAT 5e
    Im using Ubiquiti.  Running two of the AC pros.  I had a meraki that i got from attending the webinar for free and it was great, just didnt have the coverage i wanted.  
    Wiggins, MS
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Also use Ubiquiti here.
    NOLA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Im using Ubiquiti.  Running two of the AC pros.  I had a meraki that i got from attending the webinar for free and it was great, just didnt have the coverage i wanted.  
    I think those webinars provided MR12 or MR16's. Those are great for small environments. MR42's and up is where the performance comes in. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Also use Ubiquiti here.
    me 3.  Using a point to point connection to bridge my house and Dad Pad and then use 3 outdoor antennas and 1 indoor to provide wifi to my 3 acres.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum