Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

marinated mushrooms

Options
Not exactly a traditional Thanksgiving side dish but just wait to you try this...My wife got this recipe from a friend.  About 12 ounces of fresh mushrooms, stick of butter, pack of original ranch dressing, couple of spoons of parm cheese (shaker)
5 hours in  a crock pot on low.  Best I've ever had.  Can't wait to try with a steak or roast.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options
    Sounds interesting. Were the 'rooms whole or sliced? 

Does remind me though I need to make a big ol' batch of burgundy mushrooms soon. That Pioneer Woman recipe starts with 4 pounds of whole buttons and takes 7 to  9 hours, but so worth the time and effort, plus they freeze well! Nice to grab a frozen package and enjoy them on short notice! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    +1 on "Burgundy  'shrooms. They freeze very well, worth the time do not do in a crock pot as it does not get the real flavor and texture.
    Here is a mushroom appeteaser we like.

Appetizer, Mushrooms, Marinated

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Lbs. Mushrooms, Fresh
    1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped
    1 Clove Garlic, Minced
    1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
    2 Leaves Bay
    1/8 Tsp. Pepper, Ground
    Salt To Taste
    1/4 Tsp. Tarragon
    1 Cup Vinegar, White
    1/4 Cup Olive Oil
    1 Tsp. Lemon Juice

Procedure:

1. Trim ends of mushroom stems and wipe mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Combine mushrooms in a large heavy sauce pan with onions, garlic, parsely, bay leaves,pepper, salt to taste, tarragon, white wine, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice and bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes, or until tender, stirring several times. Cool and refrigerate. Served drained

Recipe Type: Appetizer, Vegetarian

Source
    Author: Unknown
    Source: Richard Howe