Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CowSickles

Options
The Prince is home from college for T'giving break and he's getting all his fave meals. Wanted to try beef plate ribs but there were none to be had in any of 4 places diligently searched. OMAHA OMAHA ---- Short ribs it is!  Same diff, amirite?  

Just went on the grid. Hoping for dinner around 6:30 with his cousins. Tick tock. 

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Plate and short ribs are not the same thing - but close enough. 
    https://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/barbecue-cut-identification/
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Your off to a great start. Standing by for the big win........
  • SciAggie
    Options
    And those look great btw - good eats ahead. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Nice!  Enjoy the visit with your prince - my princess won’t be home until Tuesday.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Plate and short ribs are not the same thing - but close enough. 
    https://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/barbecue-cut-identification/
    Yeah, I know they're different. Making the best of having to audible at the 4th market. Not too shabby a replacement option, first world problems, eating well is the best revenge, etc. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SciAggie
    Options
     first world problems
    I know, right? We all have it rough. Post an after shot, those look really good. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Getting closer!

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Those look delicious. Enjoy the family.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Nothing better in my experience than cooking well for the kids and their friends.