Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disney Style Turkey Legs

Options
Has anyone tired this recipe?  

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/turkey-recipes/disney-style-smoked-turkey-legs

I'm going to give it a go next week.  I'd appreciate some guidance if you have any experience.

Here is my recipe:

-2 large turkey drumsticks
-1 cup water warm water
-4 tsp kosher salt.
-1 tsp Prague Powder #1
-3 Tbs dark brown sugar

-Allow a cure time of 24 hours.

-Smoke at 325 till IT reaches 160

Let me know if you guys see any flaws in the logic.  Thanks!!! 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    No.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes, they are very good. You can also take them to a higher finish temp than 165* and they are still good. If you want more smoke flavor, cook at a lower temp for more smoke exposure time.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I did some very similar last week. 

I used maple syrup syrup instead of brown sugar. (Probably my last post in my profile). But yes. Same concept. They turned out very good. 

I let them run run into the 180s I think. The Honey Hog Hot rub was the favorite. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Yes. Very good.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.