Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Variation of Rib Recipe...Great Results

Options
George T.
George T. Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fellow BGE'ers. I recently was in Memphis and had great ribs from a place called The Commissary. I asked them how they cooked them. Pretty standard stuff except that when they add their sauce at the end they put more smoke to em. [p]Tonight I did a variation of the 3,2,1 method. I always put my sauce on for the last 30 minutes at which time I threw on some Jack Daniels Chips for some fresh smoke. May have been best ribs ever....I guess the sauce holds some of the smoke flavor. Give it a try next time you do your ribs and let me know if you agree.[p]If you got'em smoke'em!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    George T.,[p]Nice tip. Seems that the moist sauce would attract extra smoke. Memphis ribs.... I miss my days when I lived near Detroit. If you didn't get shot at while going "downtown" there were some realllllllly good rib joints up there that made some really wonderful ribs. [p]Tim
  • Unknown
    Options
    George T.,
    Next time you do MIM go to Cozy Corner for their ribs and cornish hens. I don't think I have ever had better Q at a commercial place. Food and Wine rated it number 2 in the country several years back. Tough neighborhood so daytime dining only but well worth it. It is a very short drive from the fairgrounds. Once you eat there you never forget the flavor and guality