Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thanksgiving Blackstone Ideas?

I have a 36" griddle being delivered this week via Amazon and am looking for a few ideas to enhance Turkey day. The egg will be busy with a maple smoked turkey breast.
LBGE - doorway to the rabbit hole.
36” Blackstone

Comments

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,784
    I use my Blackstone as a giant warming plate on Thanksgiving. All the pyrex/foil pans sit on it to keep them warm. Usually light just one outside burner
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,903
    Nothing really jumps out at me except a great place to cook breakfast that will avoid tying up the kitchen.
    Maybe some griddle sautéed veggies?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,296
    edited November 2017
    Maybe a "harvest Hash" type thing?  Brussel Sprouts, bacon pieces, etc.  You would have to practice the timing and sequence, but you can't go wrong with brussel sprouts and bacon.  Maybe add garlic, onions, shallots.  Should be good!
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,340
    I'll be watching this thread for Blackstone leftover ideas
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,296
    WeberWho said:
    I'll be watching this thread for Blackstone leftover ideas
    Just chop of all Thanksgiving leftovers into uniform chunks, (turkey, green bean casserole, maybe not jello, corn, beets, etc)stir fry them up in oil, warm some tortillias, add sour cream or salsa or guac. . . some kind of food lube  and enjoy!
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,002
    long skillet carrots might work well, hard to do in a round pan. salt pepper, brown sugar and butter towards the end, or salt pepper, rosemary butter towards the end