Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving Blackstone Ideas?

Options
I have a 36" griddle being delivered this week via Amazon and am looking for a few ideas to enhance Turkey day. The egg will be busy with a maple smoked turkey breast.
LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
Charleston, SC

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    I use my Blackstone as a giant warming plate on Thanksgiving. All the pyrex/foil pans sit on it to keep them warm. Usually light just one outside burner
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Nothing really jumps out at me except a great place to cook breakfast that will avoid tying up the kitchen.
    Maybe some griddle sautéed veggies?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Maybe a "harvest Hash" type thing?  Brussel Sprouts, bacon pieces, etc.  You would have to practice the timing and sequence, but you can't go wrong with brussel sprouts and bacon.  Maybe add garlic, onions, shallots.  Should be good!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I'll be watching this thread for Blackstone leftover ideas
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'll be watching this thread for Blackstone leftover ideas
    Just chop of all Thanksgiving leftovers into uniform chunks, (turkey, green bean casserole, maybe not jello, corn, beets, etc)stir fry them up in oil, warm some tortillias, add sour cream or salsa or guac. . . some kind of food lube  and enjoy!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    long skillet carrots might work well, hard to do in a round pan. salt pepper, brown sugar and butter towards the end, or salt pepper, rosemary butter towards the end
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it