Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork tenderloin smoke

picked up a little marinated pork tenderloin at Hannys the other day. I’ve always toasted these direct somewhere around 400° turning once halfway thru the cook. But I’ve been thinking I’d like to smoke one at 250°. About how long do these little guys take?

Comments

• PowakPowak Posts: 603
    And about how much wood? 1-2 chunks?
  • I usually say around 45 minutes per pound at 225 so maybe look at 35-40 minutes per pound just keep a close eye on it. I toss these on at 375-400 all the time! Love them, and so do the friends.
    Came out excellent! About an hour and 20. Pulled at 160°.
  • Looking pretty serious @Powak what temps were you set at?
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,535
    Nice Sammy! You smoked it then? What did you use (chips or chunks, hickory or apple)?
  • Great cook and Sammy 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    edited November 2017
    EggHill said:
    Looking pretty serious @Powak what temps were you set at?
    Thanks! Egg was set to 250° on the nose. Pulled the pork at 160°.

Nice Sammy! You smoked it then? What did you use (chips or chunks, hickory or apple)?
    Thanks! Yes I smoked with with 2 big chunks of hickory. Next time I may do one chunk or less with this cut. I topped it with Cabot sharp NY ched and sweet onion.