Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - RIP Doc Halladay

Very sad to hear that Roy Halladay died in a plane crash. I got to run sprints with him in Spring Training in 2009 with the Phillies and in the little time I saw him, I could tell no one worked harder. Loved to watch him pitch - gone too soon.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21331438/roy-halladay-40-dies-plane-crash-gulf-mexico
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,669
    He was truly a good human being.  RIP

• Future HOFer and by all accounts a helluva guy 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • SoCalTimSoCalTim Posts: 2,155
    I'm having a hard time with this one, oh man was he my fav. But why was he showing off and simply put - flying unsafe.

He's got kids, I'm only too sure if his boy had just turned 17 and was given a car, the first thing Roy would have told him first time out the door was, 'NO HORSING AROUND' ..

RIP Roy, you were the greatest.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,540
    He was a joy to watch on the mound and an all around good guy.
    My thoughts are with his family.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,771
    Great ball-player and representative of the game.  Tragic loss.  He definitely could bring it in his prime.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.  
    Sounds he was flying, if not a prototype then something not far removed from that description-dang.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 500
    Great pitcher - loved to watch him play.  That said, that is about the coolest plane ever.  Icon A5..."a sports car with wings"  $270k

A BGE chiminea, a small and a 17" BS in Las Cruces, NM

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,470
    Kind of hit my kid hard. He was a big Halladay fan. 
    We had his old Halladay shirt in a bag to hand down to his cousin. He asked that he could keep it. Request granted.
    When I tucked him in last night he commented that Halladay was the same age as me and he had two kids in school.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,002
    one of those type planes fly over the boat all summer, guy flys it like a kid on a jet ski. thing will do a flip on a dime. they really dont look safe at all