Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Black Friday Deal

Options
I figured it was time to start calling out the shareable black Friday deals people would be interested in.  My wife say in the target ad today that the 900w Anova Sous Vide Cooker would be on sale for $129 plus a $10 gift card. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    At least Thanksgiving has fewer divisive issues than other holidays.  You can wish someone "Happy Thanksgiving" without thinking about the political correctness of the greeting.  Thus the retail value of the holiday (outside of grocery stores) is limited.  So, time to further expand the retail grab of the Xmas season.   Oh well-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    amazon is doing a deal on the anovas today, I got the gen 2 this morning for $112, they have the gen 1 for $89 also.

Boiler Up!!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    What are the differences between gen 1 and 2 ? I see 100w output. Is that All and is that a big deal for the average joe???
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    the gen 2 has wifi, I figured for the minimal difference, I would just go with the gen 2 if they fixed some other hardware things in the re-design.

Boiler Up!!

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    What are the differences between gen 1 and 2 ? I see 100w output. Is that All and is that a big deal for the average joe???
    This is not gen 1 vs gen 2.  This is Bluetooth vs WiFi.  WiFi version does have a bit more heating wattage and uses WiFi. Extra wattage is not a big deal for the average joe.  May be useful in certain applications and will bring water up to temp a bit faster. Some folk may want/need WiFi functionality but I find that I don't even use the Bluetooth functionality on my unit very often.  Normally I set the unit manually without even having to find my phone to get it going.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.