Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Srf brisket

Options
Just received one today and overshot the room I had in the ole freezer. The brisket is now sitting in the flex drawer of my fridge at 37 degrees. Just curious around ideas on how long I’ll have till I need to go ahead and cook this beast. Didn’t really plan on cooking it sooner than later but oh well.  Just looking to probably post pone for a little while if possible above and beyond the 5 or so days it’s gonna take to defrost.  

Thanks in advance for any insight or experience!

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You need to come up with a cook date first.
    Find a friend or family member with freezer room if you don't plan on cooking it for weeks.
    If you want to cook in next few weeks move it to a colder part of fridge or lower fridge temp and let it wet age.

If your are in the Houston area you should consider giving it to another forum member who is ready to cook a brisket now.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Find a friend or family member with freezer room if you don't plan on cooking it for weeks.
    If you want to cook in next few weeks move it to a colder part of fridge or lower fridge temp and let it wet age.

If your are in the Houston area you should consider giving it to another forum member who is ready to cook a brisket now.lol
    Hmmmm .. I wonder what OTHER forum member could live in the Houston area? lol
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Photo Egg said:

Hmmmm .. I wonder what OTHER forum member could live in the Houston area? lol
    Busted, always wanted to cook a SRF brisket. Little box coming your way Tim.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas