Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What would you do with this - Tenderloin cubes

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
edited October 2017 in Beef
My local grocery had whole tenderloins on for a decent price so I bought 2 and cut out a nice bunch of filets from the head and middle that I will sous vide later for a party we are having near Christmas. 

But the thinner tail sections were left and I cubed it thinking I might do it on skewers. But then I thought maybe a flash fried steak tip sort of thing or try another curry or who knows. I'm not gonna do stew because I don't think the beef flavour will be there like it would be with a true braising cut. 

So I thought I would ask the forum for suggestions for what to do with this. There is about 2lbs or so. 
Thanks. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    Speedies!  Marinate overnight in Italian dressing, skewer, grill, then call and invite me over!  :triumph:

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Cant tell how big/small they are. If small, par cook some bacon, then wrap and grill hotter till 140 internal. Quick,, and  easy delicious.

If larger, just wrap and then grill.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • gmac
    Options
    About an inch square or so. 
    Thanks to both of you so far. Both sound like good choices. 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Botch's suggestion is good. They are simple, unless you make you own dressing, and great as a sandwich filing.

I'm also partial to Mongolian satay marinade, but there aren't any off the shelf products that I know about.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,228
    Options
    This is what I did with mine the other day 
  • sunder1025
    Options
    Grab some puff pastry and whip up a quick batch of duxelle, and make mini beef wellingtons.  They are one of my favourite party apps to make and eat, but they are a little labour intensive.

Toronto, ON - Large
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,636
    Options
    Korean BBQ marinade, skewer and sear quickly.  Keep them rare/med rare inside.
  • gmac
    Options
    In the interest of closure. I ended up doing a Korean marinade recipe off the net. It had soy, ginger, garlic etc but it also used an apple. It was ok. Not sure I loved it but it was fine. I think I would leave the apple out. It left the meat very soft on the outside. 
     Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I really considered the mini Wellingtons. I love Beef Wellington but I wasn't up for that much work.